If you are looking for a Zumstar + PiSpot setup guide for DMR, then KC6N has made a great tutorial that is available here as a .PDF: https://www.hamdigitaal.nl/download/algemene-informatie/ZumSpot_Pistar_KC6N_20180605.pdf Full credit goes to KC6N, I have taken the liberty to link to the site where this document is available to help other amateur radio ops get on the air with their hotspot setup.
I updated my MD-390 with the modified firmware. This fw. gives among others, these new functions:
- Promiscuous mode. Listen to all voice groups on one timeslot. Even if you havent programmed the VG in a channel.
- See last heard on the display on all VGs on the time slot you have assigned to the channel regardless if you have enabled that VG
- VU meter for TX audio
- Updated contact list database
- Display dimming timer and intensity adjustable
- Lower beep audio on transmit not allowed etc
- List of last heard
- Channel info on display: tx freq, rx freq, timeslot, TG, sender ID, repeater ID etc